PALLISHREE, is a non-Government organization (NGO) formed by a group of enthusiastic volunteer with a mission to “ Up-liftment of the deprived poor through livelihood improvement of the stakeholders and conservation of wetlands and its bio-diversity through wise use of resources” which will bring about socio–eco changes for self reliant society and registered under the Societies Regd. Act. XXI of 1860 in the year 1986, later under FCRA 1976 and Income Tax Act 1961 under section 12A.
During the completed 29 years of services for the mankind, the voluntary organization, PALLISHREE had made a remarkable achievement at the grass root level involving the people / community and the ultimate beneficiaries as the maker of their own fortune. The voluntary organization, PALLISHREE has undertaken a number of community based development programs for down trodden & deprived stakeholders of the society with dedication and commitment, with a prime objective to restore rural life and livelihood with all its completeness, thus facilitate a process for an integral approach for the development of people and rural life. The voluntary organization PALLISHREE has deployed all its energy, resources and manpower to ensure the level of education, health and favorable socio-eco and subtotal environment.
PALLISHREE was registered under the provisions of societies Registration Act 1860 (Act XXI of 1860) having its registration No CTC – 4337 – 7 of 1986-87 on 7-4-86. It is also registered under Foreign Contribution Regulated Act. 1976 having the Regd. No.- 104860049, Dated 17-09-86 along with Income Tax Registration Act under Sec. 12A bearing no Adm. (IT) / 12A / 90-91.
Our Mission is “Up-liftment of the deprived poor through livelihood improvement of the stakeholders, conservation of wetlands and its bio-diversity through wise use of resources.”
Our vision is “sustainable development through community participation.”
Bring happiness, peace, justice, equality, fraternity and egalitarian society through preservation of human values, cooperation and understanding to one another.
Our aim is diversification of livelihood options of vulnerable community by integrated natural resources with best management and maintenance of bio-diversity for sustained & holistic development of mankind in the universe.
- Environmental education and awareness for conservation of natural resources and their wise use for human welfare, sustainable development of flora and fauna.
- Watershed management, wetland conservation and development by the participation of stakeholders.
- Introduction of cropping pattern, modern technology, rural based and appropriate technology for improvement of productivity in the field to support marginal / small farmers in agriculture.
- Implementation of reproductive child healthcare programme, community based health management programs, strengthening of health services deliver system for the weaker section community of the society.
- Providing training to build the capacity of the local community to address the issues related to climate change and global warming.
- Enhancing the capacity of the community to manage the disasters and taking preventive/mitigative measures for community managed disaster risk reduction.
- To resilient the community on disaster risk reduction and establishing centers for climate change education & awareness in the vulnerable areas.
- Promoting income generation activities among the SHGs, rural entrepreneurship development programs.
- Undertaking rehabilitation measures for the cyclone, drought, flood, other natural and manmade disaster victims.
- To promote modern / rural based appropriate technology and organize training programmes, workshops for improvement in productivity marketing, handicraft, energy and other sectors.
- To undertake theoretical, action and field researches with documentation of developmental programs to publish over the Globe.
- Infrastructure development in rural area and capacity building among rural poor, men workers, labour force, women and youth.
- To facilitate and channelize resources available with external agencies and local agencies for welfare of grass root level people.
Networking, Advocacy and Consultancy
Networking, Advocacy and consultancy are the important tool for a voluntary organization for implementation of the projects at field level PALLISHREE has undertaken these activities with sincerity from inception. It has been actively participated in network forums organised by Chillika Development Authority Bhubaneswar and Ramsar Center Japan. It has been organised trainer’s training to support the grass root level organisations and CBOs. It has a network named as CCCL (Campaign for conservation of Chillika lagoon) for restoration of Chilika Lake with the NGOs and CBOs , who are working around Chillika lagoon. Apart form this we are affiliated with the third world water forum,Sea-peat, European Water Managenment
Life member of:
- National Agriculture Technology Programme (NATP), Bhubaneswar.
- Riseau International D’ONG Sur La Desertification – International Network of NGOs on Draught & Desertification (RIOD-INDIA), Bhubaneswar.
- The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), New Delhi.
- District Rural Development Agency (DRDA), Government of Orissa, District – Khurda.
- Ramsar Center Japan Asia (RCJ-A), Japan.
- Nodal Agency of District Water and Sanitation Mission, Khurda District Administration, Khurda.
- NGO member in the executive body of ATMA, Khurda District